Invincible Summer

by NJG

Thursday, August 25, 2011

This, That, The Other. (Doilies, Retreat, Sparkplug)

Hello!

1. It is the end of summer, and I am selling a batch of hand-drawn one of a kind Dog Doilies on my etsy page. They range from $12- $24, and for this you are buying a piece of original art. Which is neat. Here are a few examples, with links.
Italian Greyhound
French Bulldog

Boston Terrier
Whistling Hound
and Fun-Loving Yorkie
2. We are turning in my book to the publisher on September 1st. Knock on Wood Knock on Wood.

3. Thank you to the Radar Lab for offering a free, tropical residency for queer writers and artists.




4. There is a new Clutch/Invincible Summer split, AND a new copy of Tell It Like It Tiz (the oldies zine). Neither is in my clutches, but both will be SOON!


5. Sparkplug Comics founder Dylan Williams is a friend of mine who has fallen seriously ill. As he is a comic book purveyor and not an office-man, he has no health insurance.
A great way to support Dylan and Sparkplug would be to buy something from them!
I suggest:
Passage by Tessa Brunton
(I love Tessa's comic In The Tall Grass, which you can buy from Sparkplug. My copy of Passage is on its way to my house as we speak.)


or


Whirlwind Wonderland by Rina Ayuyang (I haven't read Whirlwind Wonderland YET but I hope to soon).


6. I can't think of anything else. I'm starting a podcast soon. I'll tell you all about it.
In the meantime, here's Beija:


No comments: