2. Look at this Wishbone.
3. I get to get some new chickens very soon and I am STOKED. I can focus misguided maternal attention on some little fluffy chickens like an absolute crazy person.***These are not my actual chickens*****
4. Oh, I posted this on twitter but I didn't tell YOU, blog reader: I got galleys of my book! WTF! Speaking of chicken weirdness, here I am looking at a phone with an amazingly giant chicken next to me.
6. I have started reading the book Are You My Mother? by Alison Bechdel and was lucky enough to see her read from this treasure at the Bagdad last weekend with my lovely big sister in tow. By the way, people asked her some amazingly inappropriate questions, which I will not divulge here.
7. I will be attending CAKE, the Chicago Alternative Comics Expo, this June, thanks to a generous grant from RACC, the Regional Arts & Culture Council. I'll also be on a panel of teachers. See you there!
P.s. If you notice I cross my arms and back up to people a lot in photos, it's because I'm trying to pretend I'm on the Amazing Race, and that's how teammates stand in their photos for the show.
11. I'm giving LIVE ADVICE on May 25th at the Waypost as part of Gridlords.
12. AWARDS- I did NOT win "Maker Overlord" of Portland, so I will NOT be riding on a float at the Starlight Parade. But I *DID* win "Teaching Artist of the Year" at the 2012 Sunburst Awards. I am picking up my giant trophy (not really) this Wednesday at a luncheon. Excited for that.
13. There is a new Zine and button shop in town! Portland Button Works is on Killingsworth next to Lillikoi, and you can get my zines there. GOOD BYE!!!! n.g.