PROLOGUE: I had a dream that Bitch Magazine's review of my book started with "Nicole Georges is so OVER." and then went on to say how I'd peaked in 2006 with Invincible Summer Volume II. When I woke up, however, I had a really nice blurb from Eileen Myles that referred to me as "epic". Thank you, Eileen! I think I was conjuring this blurb by staying up late reading her book, Inferno.
1. I am going to be reading THIS THURSDAY (August 30th) at Bluestockings in New York with the beautiful Cristy Road and Cassie J. Sneider.Come and see us!
2. I did an illustration for ModCloth's new stylebook. Click the link to see the outfit they put together inspired by my drawing! You can purchase prints of this in my etsy shop.
3. THE CALENDAR IS HAPPENING AGAIN THIS YEAR. I'm drawing it now.
4. There is something called the POC (People of Color) Zine Project and they are going on tour this fall. If I were you and I lived near any of the cities they're visiting, I would hustle myself over to one of their shows. If you don't live near any of their shows, check out their site anyway.
5. Two blogs I regularly read (both are for ADULTS ONLY):
Mrs. Morrissey by Tracie Egan Morrissey
Kat Stories by Kat Koshka
I think that's it for now. Okay. Goodbye. n.g.