Invincible Summer

by NJG

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Our New Favorite Books!

My favorite graphic novel of the year is Swallow Me Whole, by Nate Powell.
I would like to recommend it to everyone, be you a fan of comics or otherwise.
A tale of adolescent schizophrenia , siblings, and family. A book that holds its life and radiates energy even after you close the (very beautifully printed, hardbound) cover.




Beija and Wishbone vote for Neptune, by our friend Aron Nels Steinke.
A dog-friendly book , lovingly bound by Tugboat Press & Sparkplug Comics.
As an adult I love A.N.S.'s style, but you must know that his books Neptune & The Super Crazy Cat Dance come alive when read aloud to children! They are beautifully drawn and a favorite at any comics workshop I present.




Note: Wishbone is not dead in this photo, merely disturbed from her nap by my camera phone.

No comments: