Invincible Summer

by NJG

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Zine Symposium Photos, New Zines, more!

DUDES!
I just posted 8 original dog doily drawings on Etsy, as well as my 4 new zines!













I'll be posting more doilies and some hand-drawn tote bags this week.

The next message I think needs to be emphasized a few times:

SUBSCRIBERS BE PATIENT, WE ARE ASSEMBLING YOUR PACKAGES THIS WEEK.
SUBSCRIBERS BE PATIENT, WE ARE ASSEMBLING YOUR PACKAGES THIS WEEK.
SUBSCRIBERS BE PATIENT, WE ARE ASSEMBLING YOUR PACKAGES THIS WEEK.
SUBSCRIBERS BE PATIENT, WE ARE ASSEMBLING YOUR PACKAGES THIS WEEK.


******************************************************************************



In the meantime, while we all wait for more doilies and thick subscription packages in the mail, here are some photos from the Symposium:



I was manically driving all over town to get Gocco supplies after messing up the one and only bulb/screen set I had whilst trying to make the cover for the new Dogs & Doilies Zine! (Thank you Mr. Bland)



On day 1 of the Symposium I met a dog. A small shih-tzu puppy who was very docile and had very human-like hair!



I hosted Zinester's Feud (think Family Feud) at Floating World Comics.
Sample Questions:
NAME THE MOST POPULAR METHOD OF BINDING A ZINE
NAME SOMETHING THAT MAKES A ZINE LOOK BADDDDD
NAME THE AVERAGE PRICE OF A ZINE





DAY TWO
I tabled with Meredith & Claire of When Language Runs Dry, the chronic pain zine.
Pictured: Meredithto my right and "My Acquaintance" Jeb to my left



End of Day Two

Note: I also had my "ASK NICOLE, AMERICA'S SMARTEST GIRL" sign out and was giving advice at the Symposium for $1.
I'll be posting the questions and answers on my advice blog very soon!

xoxoxoxoxoxoox
n.g.

No comments: